POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #error bug : Re: #error bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #error bug
From: Rune
Date: 20 Oct 2001 07:46:10
Message: <3bd16402@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> This is a documentation problem IMO.  As the error is
> "caused" by the user POV-Ray should really not print it
> out because this would make it look like _POV-Ray_
> generated the error, which is not true.

What???

So does it also look like POV-Ray is making all #debug and #warning
messages?

I don't get your reasoning. Please tell me again why creators of include
files should not have the ability to output an instructive error message to
the user. The pane can still say "Parse Error: User error directive hit."
but it should also print the string so the user can know what the error is.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)